Application Engineer, Lab Owl Bioreactor Control – NJ
Job-Type: Full Time
Based in: Neptune, MD
For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Automated Control Concepts Lab Owl® is a flexible fully integrated bioreactor control system for cell culture and fermentation applications. Lab Owl’s easy-to–use interface has been applied in applications ranging from benchtop bioreactors in development labs through pilot plants and manufacturing. With Lab Owl, customers can use multiple brands and styles of glass or single-use bioreactors while maintaining a consistent control, monitoring, and reporting platform.
The Lab Owl Application Engineer will provide support to customers and the sales team for issues and opportunities related to the hardware and software of ACC’s bioreactor control and information system. At times, the engineer may also assist with product design and development activities.
Client contacts may include scientists, technicians, IT staff and engineers.
- Support sales opportunities with product presentations and demos.
- Participate in customer installation, startup, and training activities.
- Assist in assess customer needs and developing proposals.
- Post-sales technical support for Lab Owl hardware and software.
- Participate in product design and development process.
- Participate in product customization for various customers.
- Provide remote support as well as field service to Lab Owl customers.
- Participate in marketing activities and strategy sessions and trade shows as needed.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the biotech industry and upstream equipment and processes (cell culture, fermentation, etc.).
- Experience in dealing with process development labs is a plus.
- Engineering or Science degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PLC programming experience (Rockwell required).
- Knowledge of HMI software (Ignition required).
- Ability to use test instruments and perform electrical troubleshooting.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position is preferred.