Human Resources Manager – NJ
Job-Type: Full Time
Based in: Neptune, MD
For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ACC Human Resources Manager will lead all human resources and employee communication initiatives for the company. The right candidate must be able to think strategically and execute on a tactical level. You will need strong communication and organizational skills as well as direct experience in development and implementation of HR programs, administrative protocols and a strong focus on the employee experience. Ideal candidates will bring the desire to learn and understand complex processes, be able to manage multiple priorities and maintain high levels of confidentiality. In partnership with Senior Leaders, the HR Manager will facilitate all internal employee communications, ensuring consistent messaging and updates across the organization.
The HR Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance the organization’s Human Resources capabilities by planning, implementing, and continuously improving policies, programs, and practices, including but not limited to:
- Recruiting: enhancing job descriptions and job postings, attending career fairs, etc.
- Onboarding: creating a positive employee experience from Day 1
- Performance feedback / annual review program
- Employee relations, as needed
- Total Rewards: compensation, benefits, recognition programs
- Support consistent company messaging that strengthens corporate culture and builds community:
- Design and draft internal newsletters, intranet content, and other company communications
- Manage the logistics and agenda of company meetings such as quarterly town halls, and other internal communications forums.
- Support leadership in communicating key hires, events and company information.
- Build trust serving as an advisor to management on key issues and as an advocate for employees to ensure balanced problem solving solutions.
- Develop, implement and administer processes and programs for compensation, benefits, retirement plan, leave administration and workers compensation.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations (multi-state). Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Partner with leaders on execution of performance management process, real-time feedback, and succession planning in other to promote a culture of high performance, continuous growth and workforce development.
- Manage the resolution of complex employee relations issues, assisting in the investigation of employee complaints partnering with management and legal counsel when needed.
- Deliver new hire orientation and provide training on HR processes and company procedures.
- Collaborate with people leaders on recruiting great talent: candidate screening, quality assessments, and developing an engaging and exciting onboarding experience.
- Maintain knowledge of human resource industry trends and new employment-related legislation.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees on all issues related to the HR discipline including interpretation of policies, federal/state regulations and laws, internal processes, etc.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures on HR programs.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for key areas (recruiting, retention, turnover).
- Manage external vender relationships as needed.
Educations, Certifications and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Certification in PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP or CHRM-SCP preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive Human Resources experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to see the “big picture” business perspective but is able to “roll up their sleeves” and do whatever is takes to get the job done.
- Familiarity with state specific labor laws, wage and hour guidelines, COBRA, ADA, FMLA, ACA related Federal State regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and assistance to all level of employees.
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle matters on confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment, including managing multiple projects, meeting concurrent deadlines, managing time and priorities.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with calm under pressure and have an adaptable style.
- Strong Microsoft skills particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of engineering or technology related fields is ideal.
- English proficiency, both verbal and written, is required.
- Experience in drafting employee communications preferred.
Includes both a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environment issues, and occasional local and/or overnight travel. Mode of transportation for travel typically will include automobile and plane.
This job description is intended to describe the nature and level or work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties required of the job. Job descriptions may also be revised periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties and responsibilities.