Job-Type: Full Time
Based in: Neptune, NJ or Remote
Reports to: Director of Cybersecurity & Industrial Networking
For More Information: email@example.com
The IT/OT Engineer will support existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. They will have a working understanding of server virtualization, routing and switching, firewalls, storage area networks, relational databases, and VPN tunnels along with the traditional elements of instrumentation, control, and HMI platforms. They will also implement, support, maintain, and manage IT services, including networking, IT security, email, and disaster recovery.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity.
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues.
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff.
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety.
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention.
- Identify operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Develop operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipate operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations, monitoring unit performance.
- Improve operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process redesign; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Provide operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Promote innovation and drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Demonstrate customer focus and passion to win in a challenging environment.
- Must be able to comprehend technical documentation that contains descriptions and specifications of proprietary hardware/software.
- Able to follow instructions and implement via procedures, or schematics as directed.
- Must be able to evaluate work to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy, and resolution via identified problems.
- Must be able to speak with and understand engineers, technicians, with the ability to discuss existing or potential automation, control and MES projects or products.
- Applicants will be working in environments that require PPE and HSE plans and procedures while working around new/old construction environments out in the field.
- Neat and professional appearance with a strong work ethic and to work as part of a team.
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software.
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred.
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement and protect trade secrets.
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Must be organized, accurate and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with industrial control products (Programmable Controllers, Instrumentation, etc.) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Extremely stable company and growing with an excellent reputation – over 35 years in business.
- History of promotion from within.
- Work on a variety of interesting projects in a diverse group of industries.
- Competitive benefits including PTO, matching 401K, health/dental insurance and bonus plan.