Job-Type: Full Time
Based in: Neptune, NJ or Rockville, MD
For More Information: email@example.com
ACC’s MES (Manufacturing Execution System) Engineers perform a variety of tasks, including the design, programming, testing, and documentation of industrial applications, databases and information systems that meet both customer requirements and ACC standards. In this role, you will not only be technically focused but also interface directly with customers and develop project management skills. You will interact closely with the technical lead and have hands-on involvement in these engagements, participating in software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems. ACC’s projects leverage a variety of off-the-shelf industrial HMI/SCADA/MES software products and programmable controllers as well as other programming technologies such as SQL Server, C#, VB.Net and Python.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where initiative and outstanding work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/she looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Develop technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the project including requirements specifications, design specifications and test specifications
- Build software applications that integrate with existing automation and information systems to provide production metrics such as OEE, quality control test records, track & trace by material lot, and Electronic Batch Records
- Modify or develop PLC and HMI software to support operational changes and improvements on the plant floor
- Clearly define the overall technical approach for the solution and user and functional requirements through interviews, documentation review and proactively engaging with customers
- Recognize potential gaps in functionality within the customer’s existing infrastructure and develop solutions that can adapt to various engineering designs, applications and process criteria
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science with minimum 1-year experience designing or implementing industrial control applications
- Must have solid verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and be willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- Must be willing to work in a plant environment up to 30% of the time
- Experience with an industrial system such as Rockwell FactoryTalk, Wonderware IAS, GE Proficy, Inductive Automation Ignition, and Web Development.
- Experience with SQL Server syntax
- Experience with MS SQL Server SSRS
- Experience with – Parsec TrakSys, Sepasoft, Rockwell VantagePoint, Rockwell Metrics and Historians such as OSI Pi or Rockwell FTHistorian.
- Exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, database applications, data archiving & historian applications, data visualization concepts, efficiency & QC/QA concepts for manufacturing, interfaces to ERP Systems, SCADA, and manufacturing scheduling concepts.